Indulge in the warmth of homemade Apple Cinnamon Scones. These moist and flavorful scones are made with fresh diced apple, cinnamon chips, and a topping of crunchy, cinnamon-enhanced coarse sugar. They are easy to make and the perfect treat for a fall day.
There’s nothing quite like the aroma of freshly baked treats, and these Apple Cinnamon Scones will fill your kitchen with the delicious scents of autumn. With their tender crumb and delightful blend of flavors, these scones are a must-try for any baking enthusiast. Plus, they are so simple to make, you’ll have a batch ready in no time.
Whether enjoyed as a breakfast pastry or an afternoon snack, these homemade apple cinnamon scones are sure to satisfy your cravings. So grab your apron, preheat your oven, and let’s get baking!
- Apple Cinnamon Scones are a delightful homemade treat perfect for fall.
- These scones are made with fresh diced apple, cinnamon chips, and a cinnamon sugar topping.
- Follow the easy recipe for moist and flavorful scones that are sure to impress.
- Enjoy the scones warm with butter or topped with a delicious maple cinnamon glaze.
- Store any leftovers at room temperature for several days and reheat when desired.
Ingredients and Instructions
To make these Apple Cinnamon Scones, you will need the following ingredients:
To prepare the Apple Cinnamon Scones, follow these simple instructions:
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- Add the cold butter to the dry ingredients. Use a pastry cutter or your fingertips to incorporate the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in the diced apples and cinnamon chips, distributing them evenly throughout the mixture.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, vanilla extract, and applesauce.
- Add the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients. Mix until the dough comes together.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and gently knead it a few times to ensure everything is well combined.
- Divide the dough into two equal portions and shape each into a circle with approximately 1-inch thickness.
- In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and sugar to create a topping. Sprinkle this mixture evenly over the scone dough.
- Using a sharp knife, slice each circle into 6 wedges.
- Place the scones on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Chill the scones in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes before baking.
Once chilled, preheat your oven to 375Â°F (190Â°C) and bake the scones for 18 to 22 minutes, or until they turn golden brown.
Baking and Serving
Once you’ve prepared the dough for your delicious Apple Cinnamon Scones, it’s time to move on to baking and serving. Follow these easy steps to ensure a perfectly baked batch and a delightful serving experience.
Baking the Scones
Preheat your oven to 400Â°F (200Â°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the scones on the prepared sheet, leaving enough space between them for spreading.
Bake the scones in the preheated oven for 18 to 22 minutes, or until they turn golden brown on top. The irresistible aroma of freshly baked apple and cinnamon will fill your kitchen!
Now that your Apple Cinnamon Scones are out of the oven and perfectly baked, it’s time to enjoy them. Here are some delightful serving suggestions:
- Serve the scones warm, straight from the oven, for a comforting treat.
- Spread some butter, jam, or apple butter on top of the scones for extra flavor.
Tips for Serving Free-Form Scones
If you prefer a more rustic look, you can free-form the scones instead of cutting them into wedges. Simply shape the dough into small rounds and place them on the baking sheet. The result will be irregularly shaped scones with a charming homemade appeal.
Want to enjoy your Apple Cinnamon Scones for several days? Here’s how to store them:
- Allow the scones to cool completely before storing them.
- Store the scones in an airtight container at room temperature.
- The scones can be stored for up to 3 days.
- If you prefer to warm them up before serving, simply place them in a preheated oven at 300Â°F (150Â°C) for about 10 minutes.
With these baking, serving, and storage tips, you’re all set to enjoy your scrumptious Apple Cinnamon Scones. Whether you indulge in them as a breakfast treat, afternoon snack, or dessert, these scones are sure to delight your taste buds with their warm, spiced flavors.
Maple Cinnamon Glaze
Indulge in the sweetness and warmth of Apple Cinnamon Scones topped with a delicious maple cinnamon glaze. This delightful glaze adds an extra layer of flavor and sweetness, taking these scones to another level. Made with a combination of melted butter, maple syrup, cinnamon, cloves (optional), salt, and powdered sugar, this glaze is easy to prepare and pairs perfectly with the apple cinnamon flavors of the scones.
To enjoy the maple cinnamon glaze, you have two options. You can either drizzle the glaze over the cooled scones, allowing it to cascade down the sides, or generously dip the tops of the scones into the glaze, creating a mouthwatering coating. Whichever method you prefer, the glaze will enhance the taste and appearance of the scones, making them even more delicious and appealing.
This scrumptious maple cinnamon glaze perfectly complements the flavors of the Apple Cinnamon Scones. The combination of sweet maple syrup, warm cinnamon, and fragrant cloves creates a delightful harmony of flavors. Each bite of the glazed scone will be a burst of autumnal goodness, making it an irresistible treat for the fall season.
Flavorful Fall Scones
These Apple Cinnamon Scones are perfect for fall. They have a flavor reminiscent of caramel apples and are the ultimate autumn treat. With their sweet crumbly edges, moist centers, and crunchy golden brown exterior, these scones are a delightful combination of flavors and textures. They are a wonderful way to enjoy the flavors of fall in a homemade pastry.
|Crisp, crumbly edges
|Moist, flavorful centers
|Crunchy, golden-brown exterior
|Deliciously spiced with cinnamon
|Loaded with fresh diced apples
|Reminiscent of caramel apples
In conclusion, Apple Cinnamon Scones are the perfect homemade pastries for fall baking. These delightful treats combine the flavors of fresh apples and aromatic cinnamon, resulting in moist and tender scones that are sure to satisfy your cravings. Whether enjoyed warm with a smear of butter and a dollop of jam or adorned with a luscious maple cinnamon glaze, Apple Cinnamon Scones are an irresistible indulgence.
The combination of the sweet crumbly edges, moist centers, and golden brown crust creates a scrumptious autumn treat that perfectly captures the essence of fall. The warm and inviting aroma that fills your kitchen as you bake these scones will transport you to a cozy, comforting atmosphere. With every bite, you will be reminded of caramel apples and the joyous spirit of the season.
So why not embrace the spirit of fall and elevate your baking skills by making these homemade Apple Cinnamon Scones? With an easy-to-follow recipe and simple ingredients, you can whip up a batch of these delectable pastries in no time. Whether you enjoy them with a cup of hot tea, share them with loved ones, or savor them all to yourself, Apple Cinnamon Scones are a delightful way to celebrate the flavors of autumn.
Are these Apple Cinnamon Scones easy to make?
Yes, these scones are easy to make with a simple recipe and step-by-step instructions.
What ingredients do I need to make Apple Cinnamon Scones?
The ingredients you’ll need include all-purpose flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, cinnamon chips, apples, eggs, vanilla extract, and applesauce.
How do I make the scone dough?
To make the dough, you’ll whisk together the dry ingredients, work in the butter, stir in the apples and cinnamon chips, and add the liquid ingredients.
How do I bake the Apple Cinnamon Scones?
The scones should be baked in a preheated oven for 18 to 22 minutes until golden brown.
How should I serve the Apple Cinnamon Scones?
The scones can be served warm with butter, jam, or apple butter.
How can I store the Apple Cinnamon Scones?
The scones can be stored at room temperature for several days and can be reheated in the oven for about 10 minutes.
Can I add a glaze to the Apple Cinnamon Scones?
Yes, you can top the scones with a delicious maple cinnamon glaze made with melted butter, maple syrup, cinnamon, cloves (optional), salt, and powdered sugar.
How can I achieve free-form scones?
To achieve free-form scones, you can shape the dough into circles, top them with a cinnamon sugar mixture, slice them into wedges, and chill them before baking.