This easy angel food cake with strawberries is a light and airy dessert that combines the fluffiness of angel food cake with the sweetness of strawberries. It’s easy to make at home with simple ingredients, making it the perfect summer dessert.
Whether you’re a fan of homemade cakes or prefer to use a store-bought angel food cake, this recipe will satisfy your sweet tooth. With its delicate texture and bursting flavors, this strawberry angel food cake is a classic strawberry dessert that everyone will love.
- Easy angel food cake with strawberries is a light and airy dessert.
- This recipe is perfect for summer.
- Can be made with homemade or store-bought angel food cake.
- Delicate texture and bursting flavors.
- A classic strawberry dessert that everyone will enjoy.
Ingredients and Preparation
To make this easy angel food cake with strawberries, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 (10 inch) angel food cake
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping
- 1 quart fresh strawberries
- 1 (18 ounce) jar strawberry glaze
To prepare the cake:
- Crumble or cut the angel food cake into bite-sized pieces and place them in a 9×13-inch dish.
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy, then fold in the whipped topping.
- Press the cake down to form a layer and spread the cream cheese mixture over it.
- In a separate bowl, combine the sliced strawberries and strawberry glaze, then spread the mixture over the cream cheese layer.
- Chill the cake until serving.
The combination of fluffy angel food cake, creamy cream cheese, and sweet strawberries makes this recipe a classic strawberry dessert. The simple cake recipe is easy to follow, and the preparation process ensures a delicious and visually appealing dessert. The angel food cake provides a light and airy base, while the cream cheese layer adds a creamy texture. The fresh strawberries and strawberry glaze create a sweet and tangy topping that enhances the overall flavor profile.
– You can customize this dessert by substituting the strawberry glaze with other fruit glazes or jams of your choice.
– If you prefer a lighter version, you can use a reduced-fat cream cheese or a whipped cream cheese spread.
– Add a sprinkle of powdered sugar or some fresh mint leaves as a garnish before serving to enhance the presentation.
– For a more indulgent twist, you can drizzle melted chocolate over the strawberry glaze layer.
|Angel Food Cake
|1 (10 inch)
|2 (8 ounce) packages
|1 (8 ounce) container
|1 (18 ounce) jar
Tips and Variations
Here are some tips and variations to enhance your quick summer dessert – the easy angel food cake with strawberries. Experiment with these ideas to put a unique twist on this classic strawberry dessert!
- Use different fruits: While strawberries are the classic choice, you can try using other berries such as raspberries or blueberries for a different flavor profile. You can also mix and match different fruits to create a colorful and refreshing dessert.
- Add a touch of citrus: To brighten up the flavors, you can add a squeeze of lemon or orange juice to the strawberry glaze. This adds a tangy element that complements the sweetness of the cake and strawberries.
- Try a flavored cake: Instead of using plain angel food cake, you can experiment with flavored varieties like chocolate or almond. This adds an extra layer of taste and takes this simple cake recipe to the next level.
Here are some variations that you can explore with this delicious strawberry dessert:
|Inverted Strawberry Shortcake
|Instead of layering the cake, cream cheese mixture, and strawberries, you can invert the traditional strawberry shortcake. Start with a layer of strawberry glaze on the bottom, followed by a layer of strawberries, then the cream cheese mixture, and finally, the angel food cake on top. This variation allows the strawberry glaze to soak into the cake, creating a moist and flavorful dessert.
|Individual Strawberry Parfaits
|Create individual portions of this dessert by layering the angel food cake, cream cheese mixture, and strawberries in individual dessert glasses or jars. Repeat the layers to create beautiful and delicious parfaits. This variation is perfect for dinner parties or a fancy summer gathering.
|Frozen Strawberry Trifle
|To make a refreshing frozen dessert, freeze the angel food cake in advance. Cut the frozen cake into cubes and layer it with the cream cheese mixture and strawberries in a trifle dish. Repeat the layers and finish it off with a dollop of whipped cream. Freeze the trifle until firm, and it’s ready to serve as a cool and delightful sweet treat.
Feel free to get creative and experiment with these tips and variations to personalize your easy angel food cake with strawberries. Whether you choose to stick with the classic recipe or try something new, this simple cake recipe is sure to be a hit at any gathering or as a quick summer dessert!
Serving and Storage
This easy angel food cake with strawberries is best served chilled. After assembling the cake, refrigerate it for at least 2 hours to allow the flavors to blend together. Once chilled, you can garnish the cake with additional fresh strawberries for a beautiful presentation. Store any leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. This dessert is a delicious and quick summer dessert option for any occasion, whether you’re hosting a party or simply craving a sweet treat.
When serving this delicious strawberry dessert, the chilled angel food cake and juicy strawberries create a refreshing combination that will tantalize your taste buds. The light and airy texture of the cake paired with the sweet and tangy flavor of the strawberries makes for a delightful summer treat. Whether you’re enjoying it at a backyard barbecue or bringing it to a potluck, this dessert is sure to be a hit.
To store the leftover cake, ensure it is fully covered to prevent it from drying out in the refrigerator. You can use plastic wrap or place it in an airtight container. The cake will stay fresh for up to 2 days, allowing you to enjoy the deliciousness of this quick summer dessert over multiple servings.
With its vibrant colors and mouthwatering flavors, this easy angel food cake with strawberries is not only a delicious dessert but also a visually stunning centerpiece. The fresh strawberries add a pop of color to the white cake, creating an enticing contrast. It’s the perfect dessert to serve for any summer occasion, from casual family gatherings to elegant dinner parties.
Next, we’ll take a look at the nutritional information of this delightful strawberry dessert to understand its health benefits and make informed choices while indulging in its deliciousness.
This easy angel food cake with strawberries is not only a delicious strawberry dessert but also a healthier option compared to other rich and indulgent cakes. Here is the nutritional information for each serving:
|Amount per Serving
Along with its delicious taste, this simple cake recipe also provides some essential nutrients. Each serving contains vitamin C, calcium, and iron, making it a guilt-free choice for your sweet tooth cravings.
Please note that the nutritional information may vary slightly depending on the specific ingredients used and the size of each serving.
Additional Tips for Health-Conscious Individuals
- For a lower-calorie option, you can replace the traditional angel food cake with a sugar-free or reduced-sugar version.
- Feel free to add other fruits like blueberries or raspberries to enhance the nutritional value and add more variety to the dessert.
- If you prefer a lighter version, you can use a light whipped topping or substitute Greek yogurt for the cream cheese.
- Remember to practice portion control to enjoy this delicious strawberry dessert without overindulging.
By being mindful of the ingredients and making small modifications, you can savor this delicious strawberry dessert while maintaining a balanced diet.
In conclusion, if you’re looking for a delicious and light dessert option, this easy angel food cake with strawberries is the perfect choice. The fluffy texture of homemade angel food cake combined with the sweetness of fresh strawberries creates a delightful treat for any occasion. Whether you’re a skilled baker or just starting out, this easy strawberry cake recipe is simple to follow and will impress your family and friends.
By making your own homemade angel food cake, you can enjoy the indulgence of a light and airy dessert without the added preservatives and artificial ingredients found in store-bought options. Plus, the vibrant red strawberries add a pop of color and natural sweetness that perfectly complements the cake. It’s a classic strawberry dessert that will leave you wanting more.
So, why not treat yourself and your loved ones to a slice of this fluffy angel food cake with strawberries? Gather your ingredients, follow the simple steps, and enjoy this tasty summer dessert. Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or just indulging in a sweet craving, this easy angel food cake with strawberries is sure to satisfy.
Can I use a store-bought angel food cake instead of making it from scratch?
Yes, you can use a store-bought angel food cake as a time-saving option for this recipe. Simply crumble or cut the cake into bite-sized pieces and proceed with the rest of the steps.
How long should I chill the angel food cake with strawberries before serving?
It is best to refrigerate the cake for at least 2 hours to allow the flavors to blend together. This will also help the cake to set and become easier to slice.
Can I garnish the angel food cake with additional fruits?
Absolutely! Feel free to garnish the cake with additional fresh strawberries or other fruits of your choice to enhance the presentation and add extra flavor.
How long can I store the angel food cake with strawberries?
You can store any leftovers of this cake covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Keep in mind that the texture may become slightly softer over time.
Can I make this angel food cake with strawberries ahead of time?
Yes, you can prepare the cake in advance and refrigerate it until ready to serve. It is a convenient option for parties and gatherings.
Are there any alternatives to strawberry glaze?
If you prefer a homemade glaze, you can mix fresh strawberries with a bit of sugar and cornstarch. Cook the mixture until it thickens and then spread it over the cake.
Can I use whipped cream instead of whipped topping?
Yes, you can substitute whipped cream for the whipped topping in this recipe. Just make sure to sweeten it to taste with powdered sugar or a sweetener of your choice.