If you’re looking for a delicious and easy dinner recipe, look no further than Root Beer Pulled Pork. This classic dish combines tender pork with the sweetness and tang of root beer and barbecue sauce, resulting in a mouthwatering meal that the whole family will love.
One of the best things about this recipe is that it can be made in a slow cooker, making it incredibly convenient. Simply place a 4 lb. boneless pork shoulder in the slow cooker, pour in 12 oz. of root beer and 1 cup of barbecue sauce, and let it cook on low for 10 hours. The soda in the root beer acts as a tenderizer for the meat, resulting in incredibly tender and juicy pulled pork.
Once the pork is done cooking, simply shred it with a fork and mix it back into the sauce. Serve the pulled pork on buns for a classic BBQ pulled pork sandwich, or pair it with rice for a heartier meal. The possibilities are endless, and the flavors are absolutely delicious.
- Root Beer Pulled Pork is a flavorful and easy dinner recipe that can be made in a slow cooker.
- The soda in the root beer acts as a tenderizer, resulting in incredibly tender and juicy pulled pork.
- Pull the pork apart with a fork and mix it back into the sauce for maximum flavor.
- Serve the pulled pork on buns or pair it with rice for a delicious and satisfying meal.
- Experiment with different flavors of soda, like Dr. Pepper or Coke, for a unique twist on the recipe.
How to Make Root Beer Pulled Pork in a Slow Cooker
Looking to make a delicious homemade pulled pork dish? Try this easy slow cooker recipe for Root Beer Pulled Pork. With just a few simple steps, you can create tender and flavorful pulled pork that your whole family will love.
To start, gather your ingredients:
- A 6 quart or larger slow cooker
- A 4 lb. boneless pork shoulder (also known as pork butt)
- 12 oz. of root beer
- 1 cup of Sweet Baby Ray’s Barbecue Sauce
- Hamburger buns for serving
Once your ingredients are ready, follow these steps:
- Place the pork shoulder in the slow cooker.
- Pour the root beer and barbecue sauce over the pork.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 10 hours without opening the lid.
- After 10 hours, remove the pork from the slow cooker and shred it using two forks. Discard any fatty pieces.
- Add the shredded meat back to the sauce in the slow cooker and stir to combine.
And there you have it – homemade Root Beer Pulled Pork! Serve the pulled pork on your favorite hamburger buns and enjoy a delicious and satisfying meal.
Whether you’re hosting a backyard BBQ or simply looking for an easy dinner recipe, this slow cooker version of Root Beer Pulled Pork is a winner. The slow cooking process infuses the pork with the flavors of the root beer and barbecue sauce, resulting in moist and tender pulled pork that will impress your friends and family.
“The slow cooker is a game-changer when it comes to preparing pulled pork. The low and slow cooking process allows the flavors to meld together and the meat to become incredibly tender. It’s a foolproof way to achieve delicious homemade pulled pork.” – Chef Emily Thompson
So why wait? Try this slow cooker recipe today and savor the mouthwatering flavors of homemade Root Beer Pulled Pork!
A Simple and Delicious Pulled Pork Sandwich Recipe
If you’re looking for a simple yet delicious pulled pork sandwich recipe, you’ve come to the right place. With just three ingredients, you can create a flavorful and satisfying sandwich that will leave you craving for more.
“This recipe is perfect for those busy days when you want a homemade meal without spending hours in the kitchen.”
To get started, gather the following ingredients:
- A 2-pound pork shoulder or butt
- A can of root beer
- 18 ounces of barbecue sauce
Here’s how you can make this mouthwatering pulled pork sandwich:
- Place the pork shoulder or butt in a slow cooker.
- Pour the root beer over the meat.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or until the pork is tender and easily shreds with a fork.
- Drain the root beer and shred the pork using two forks.
- Return the shredded meat to the slow cooker and add the barbecue sauce.
- Stir well to combine the sauce with the pork.
- Serve the pulled pork on hamburger buns for a flavorful and satisfying sandwich.
This pulled pork sandwich recipe is perfect for casual gatherings, weeknight dinners, or simply when you’re craving a hearty and delicious meal. The combination of the tender pork, tangy barbecue sauce, and subtle sweetness from the root beer creates a flavor explosion in every bite. You can also customize your sandwich by adding your favorite toppings such as coleslaw or pickles.
Give this simple pulled pork recipe a try and enjoy a mouthwatering sandwich that will surely satisfy your cravings.
Instant Pot Variation of Root Beer Pulled Pork
If you prefer to use an Instant Pot, you’re in luck! You can still enjoy the deliciousness of Root Beer Pulled Pork using this handy kitchen appliance. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to make it:
- 3 lb. pork shoulder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 12 oz. root beer
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
Here’s how to prepare Instant Pot Root Beer Pulled Pork:
- Season the pork shoulder with garlic powder, onion powder, kosher salt, black pepper, coriander, and smoked paprika.
- Set the Instant Pot to the sautÃ© setting, and brown the seasoned pork on all sides.
- Add the minced onion, root beer, distilled white vinegar, and barbecue sauce to the Instant Pot.
- Close the lid and ensure the pressure valve is set to the sealing position.
- Cook on normal pressure for 60 minutes.
- Once the cooking time is complete, allow the pressure to release naturally for 15 minutes.
- Open the Instant Pot, and carefully remove the pork.
- Using two forks, shred the pork into smaller pieces.
- Switch the Instant Pot back to the sautÃ© setting, and allow the braising liquid to reduce by half.
- Add the reduced liquid back to the shredded pork, and mix well to coat the meat.
Your Instant Pot Root Beer Pulled Pork is now ready to be enjoyed! Serve it on your favorite sandwich buns or as a main dish with rice. The juicy and flavorful result will be a hit with your family and friends.
Serve Root Beer Pulled Pork with Pickled Onion Slaw
Enhance the flavor of Root Beer Pulled Pork by serving it with a tangy and refreshing pickled onion slaw. In a medium bowl, combine shredded green cabbage, pickled red onions, shredded carrot, apple cider vinegar, mayonnaise, kosher salt, and freshly ground black pepper. Toss well to coat all the ingredients and chill the slaw in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Spread barbecue sauce on sandwich rolls, add a generous scoop of pulled pork, and top it off with a small scoop of pickled onion slaw. The combination of flavors and textures will elevate your pulled pork experience.
|Shredded green cabbagett
|Pickled red onionstt
|Apple cider vinegartt
|Freshly ground black peppertt
Nutritional Information and Tips for Root Beer Pulled Pork
Here is the nutritional breakdown per serving of our delicious homemade pulled pork made with a crockpot recipe:
Please note that these values are approximate and may vary depending on the specific ingredients used. If you are following a special diet or have specific dietary requirements, it is recommended to calculate your own nutrition information based on the ingredients you use.
When making this recipe, it’s important to discard any fatty pieces of pork before shredding the meat. This ensures that your pulled pork is leaner and more flavorful.
Root Beer Pulled Pork is a versatile and delicious dish that can be enjoyed in various ways. Whether you choose to make it in a slow cooker or an Instant Pot, the result is tender and flavorful pulled pork that can be served on buns or as a main course with rice. The addition of root beer adds a unique sweetness and tenderizing effect to the meat, making it a standout dish.
With its simple ingredients and easy preparation, Root Beer Pulled Pork is a go-to recipe for a flavorful and satisfying dinner that your family will love. The combination of the root beer, barbecue sauce, and slow cooking process infuses the pork with incredible flavor. The result is juicy, tender, and melt-in-your-mouth pulled pork that will impress your guests and have them coming back for seconds.
Whether you’re hosting a backyard BBQ, family gathering, or looking for an easy weeknight dinner, Root Beer Pulled Pork is the way to go. It’s a crowd-pleaser that requires minimal effort but delivers maximum flavor. So, next time you’re craving a mouthwatering pulled pork dish, give this easy dinner recipe a try. You won’t be disappointed!
What is Root Beer Pulled Pork?
Root Beer Pulled Pork is a flavorful and delicious dish made by cooking tender pork with root beer and BBQ sauce. The soda in this recipe acts as a tenderizer for the meat, resulting in incredibly tender and juicy pulled pork.
How do I make Root Beer Pulled Pork in a slow cooker?
To make Root Beer Pulled Pork in a slow cooker, place a 4 lb. boneless pork shoulder in the slow cooker. Pour 12 oz. of root beer and 1 cup of Sweet Baby Ray’s Barbecue Sauce over the pork. Cook on low for 10 hours, then shred the meat and return it to the sauce in the slow cooker. Serve on hamburger buns.
What is the recipe for a simple pulled pork sandwich?
To make a simple pulled pork sandwich, place a 2-pound pork shoulder or butt in a slow cooker and pour a can of root beer over the meat. Cook on low for 6 hours, then shred the pork and add 18 ounces of barbecue sauce. Serve on hamburger buns.
Can I make Root Beer Pulled Pork in an Instant Pot?
Yes, you can make Root Beer Pulled Pork in an Instant Pot. Season a 3 lb. pork shoulder with spices, brown the pork in the Instant Pot, then add minced onion, root beer, vinegar, and barbecue sauce. Cook on normal pressure for 60 minutes, shred the pork, and add the reduced braising liquid back to the meat.
What can I serve with Root Beer Pulled Pork?
Root Beer Pulled Pork is delicious served on buns, but you can also serve it as a main course with rice. For a tangy and refreshing accompaniment, try serving it with a pickled onion slaw.
What is the nutritional information for Root Beer Pulled Pork?
Each serving of Root Beer Pulled Pork contains approximately 478 calories, 22g of carbohydrates, 69g of protein, 11g of fat, 3g of saturated fat, 181mg of cholesterol, 657mg of sodium, 1254mg of potassium, 1g of fiber, and 19g of sugar. Please note that these values are approximate and may vary depending on specific ingredients used.
Any tips for making Root Beer Pulled Pork?
When making Root Beer Pulled Pork, be sure to discard any fatty pieces of pork before shredding the meat. This will ensure a leaner and more flavorful pulled pork.