This quick chili recipe is perfect for busy weeknights when you want a hearty and flavorful meal without spending hours in the kitchen. With a total cook time of just 50 minutes, this recipe combines ground beef, diced tomatoes, kidney beans, and a blend of spices to create a delicious and satisfying chili. It serves 8 people and has a total of 489 calories per serving.
- Make a delicious and satisfying chili in just 50 minutes.
- Use simple ingredients like ground beef, diced tomatoes, and kidney beans.
- Customize the recipe to your preference by adjusting the spices.
- This quick chili recipe serves 8 people and has 489 calories per serving.
- Enjoy a hearty and flavorful meal without spending hours in the kitchen.
Ingredients and Cooking Steps
To make this quick chili recipe, you’ll need:
- 2 pounds of ground beef
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- canned diced tomatoes with green chile peppers
- kidney beans
- pinto beans
- diced tomatoes
- tomato sauce
- chili powder
- white sugar
- hot pepper sauce
- ground cumin
- ground black pepper
To prepare the chili, follow these steps:
- In a large stockpot, brown the ground beef over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic, and cook until the onion is translucent.
- Stir in the canned diced tomatoes, kidney beans, pinto beans, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, chili powder, white sugar, hot pepper sauce, ground cumin, salt, and ground black pepper.
- Simmer the chili for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let it sit for a few minutes before serving.
Serve the chili hot and enjoy!
Tips and Variations
Here are some tips and variations for making this quick chili recipe your own:
- Customize the spice level: Adjust the amount of chili powder and hot pepper sauce according to your preference. If you like it milder, use less spice, or if you prefer it spicier, increase the amount.
- Experiment with different beans: While this recipe calls for kidney beans and pinto beans, feel free to mix it up with other varieties like black beans or white beans for added texture and flavor.
- Add vegetables: Enhance the nutritional value of your chili by adding chopped bell peppers, corn, or carrots. These additions not only provide extra nutrients but also give your chili a delightful crunch.
- Incorporate additional spices: If you want to add more depth and complexity to your chili, consider adding spices like smoked paprika, oregano, or even a dash of cinnamon. Experiment with different combinations to find your perfect blend.
- Opt for alternative protein sources: If you’re not a fan of ground beef, you can substitute it with ground turkey, chicken, or even plant-based alternatives like crumbled tofu or textured vegetable protein.
“Don’t be afraid to get creative and make this quick chili recipe your own. The possibilities are endless, and you can tailor it to suit your taste preferences and dietary needs.”
Whether you prefer a mild or spicy chili, loaded with vegetables or kept simple, the key is to have fun and explore different combinations until you find your perfect rendition. Remember, cooking is all about experimentation and enjoying the process!
With these tips and variations, you can take your simple chili recipe and transform it into a customized masterpiece that suits your individual palate. So, don’t be afraid to get creative in the kitchen and make this quick chili recipe truly your own.
If you’re short on time and want to make this quick chili recipe even faster, here are some time-saving tips:
1. Prepped Ingredients
Before you start cooking, make sure all your ingredients are prepped and ready to go. Chop the onion and garlic, drain and rinse the beans, and open the cans of diced tomatoes and tomato sauce. Having everything prepared in advance will help you save time during the cooking process.
2. Use a Pressure Cooker
If you own a pressure cooker, it can greatly reduce the cooking time for your chili. Simply brown the ground beef using the sautÃ© function, then add the remaining ingredients and pressure cook for about 10-15 minutes. You’ll have a delicious pot of chili ready in no time.
3. Opt for Frozen Chopped Onion and Garlic
If you’re really short on time or don’t enjoy chopping onions and garlic, consider using frozen chopped onion and garlic. They provide the same flavor without the prep work. Just remember to adjust the quantity accordingly as frozen ingredients tend to be more concentrated in flavor.
4. Use Chili Seasoning Mix
If you don’t have all the individual spices on hand, using a pre-made chili seasoning mix can be a great time-saving option. These mixes typically contain a blend of spices like chili powder, cumin, paprika, and garlic powder. Simply add the desired amount to your chili for a quick and flavorful seasoning.
5. Double the Recipe and Freeze Leftovers
When you have a bit of extra time, consider doubling the recipe and freezing the leftovers. This way, you’ll have a convenient meal ready to go on busy days. Simply portion the chili into freezer-safe containers or bags and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw and reheat whenever you need a quick and easy meal.
|Saves time during cooking process
|Use a Pressure Cooker
|Rapidly reduces cooking time
|Opt for Frozen Chopped Onion and Garlic
|No need for chopping, retains flavor
|Use Chili Seasoning Mix
|Quick and convenient flavoring
|Double the Recipe and Freeze Leftovers
|Ready-to-eat meals on busy days
In conclusion, this quick chili recipe is a fantastic option for busy individuals and families who want a satisfying and flavorful meal in a short amount of time. With simple ingredients and easy cooking steps, you can whip up a delicious batch of chili in just 50 minutes.
Whether you prefer a classic, spicy, or hearty chili, this recipe can be customized to your tastes. Feel free to adjust the amount of chili powder or hot pepper sauce to make it more or less spicy, or add extra beans and vegetables for a heartier version. The versatility of this recipe makes it a go-to option for any chili lover.
So, grab your ingredients and get cooking – a delicious bowl of chili awaits! Remember to top it with your favorite toppings such as shredded cheese, sour cream, chopped onions, or cilantro for added flavor and texture. Enjoy this easy chili recipe for lunch, dinner, or even as a game-day snack. It’s a guaranteed crowd-pleaser that will satisfy your cravings for a homemade and hearty chili.
How long does it take to cook this quick chili recipe?
The total cook time for this quick chili recipe is just 50 minutes.
How many servings does this recipe yield?
This recipe serves 8 people.
How many calories are there per serving?
Each serving of this quick chili recipe contains a total of 489 calories.
What ingredients do I need to make this quick chili recipe?
To make this quick chili recipe, you’ll need 2 pounds of ground beef, 1 onion, 3 cloves of garlic, canned diced tomatoes with green chile peppers, kidney beans, pinto beans, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, chili powder, white sugar, hot pepper sauce, ground cumin, salt, and ground black pepper.
How do I cook this quick chili recipe?
Start by browning the ground beef in a large stockpot, then add the onion and garlic. Stir in the remaining ingredients and simmer for 30 minutes. Serve hot and enjoy!
Can I customize this chili recipe?
Yes, you can customize this quick chili recipe to your tastes. Whether you prefer a classic, spicy, or hearty chili, you can adjust the spices and ingredients to suit your preferences.
Do you have any tips for making this quick chili recipe?
Yes! Here are some tips and variations for making this quick chili recipe your own:
Are there any time-saving tips for this recipe?
Yes, if you’re short on time and want to make this quick chili recipe even faster, here are some time-saving tips: